In order to be recognized as a “Social Enterprise” within the association, the non-governmental organizations and commercial institutions are required to:
1. Pursue an environmental, social or commercial objective provided that the latter is directed towards people with financial or social difficulties. The focus of the institution’s work must be centered on its social and environmental message. This should be reflected in its mission statement, objectives, rules and procedures, products, production processes
2. Directly run all activities related to their environmental or social mission (recycling, waste treatment, integration of people with special needs ...)
3. Generate income through sales of products and/or services
4. Aim for financial stability and long-term sustainability
5. Reinvest at least 50% of their profits in their activities
Institutions that are younger than a year can be non-voting members until they reach one year of operation.